Saturday, May 29, 2010

On Final Day Canada Wins Four More Medals!

On the final day of racing Canada wins four medals, three gold in Open Womens V6 500 and 1500 metres and Masters Womens 1000 metres and a bronze in Senior Masters Men V6 500 metres. Canada takes home a total of 7 medals at these World Championships: 3 Gold, 1 Silver and 3 Bronze and places 4th overall in the medal standings. Stay tuned over the next few days for additional pictures and video clips of the event.


Senior Masters Men Bronze Medalists V6 500 Metres: Ken Crosby, Gord Wallace, Gord Penn, Al Birtles, Jan Urban and Paul Pilon (stern)


Masters Womens Gold Medalists V6 1000 Metres: Kamini Jain, Leanne Zrum, Sue Porter, Helen Currey, Sheila Kuyper and Cheryl Skribe (stern)

Open Womens Double Gold Medalists V6 500 and 1500 Metres: Kamini Jain, Leanne Zrum, Leanne Stanley, Chelsy Tidemarsh, Helen Currey and Cheryl Skribe (stern)

5 comments:

  1. Way to go ladies! Oh, and the guys too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...way to go Team Canada!!!!!!!!!!

    Paul...I'm so proud of you and your team!!! I've been grinning from ear to ear since you told me last night. I've left a message with Mom to let her know about your bronze's medal. I'm sure she will be as hyped as me. :-)

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul

    I spoke to Mom and she is soooooo excited that she feels like she can jump around!!! She has been thinking about you all the time you have been racing. Especially the last few days!

    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. For New Caledonia lovers, have a look at my images of New Caledonia on my photo website : http://www.tikiwaka.com/en/

    ReplyDelete